Wednesday, September 22, 2010

99. AUTO BODY SHOPS

Vehicular repair can show that you care

* In the Washington DC area, there are an alarmingly high number of people that drive cars with dents in them. To me, it is a sign of contentment with wrecklessness and disorder. It is as though they are saying, "I run into things and it's not a big deal. I might get in another accident and get another dent, so why fix the first dent?"
* On the other hand, driving with dents could be a sign of contentment with simplicity. Are drivers of such cars actually saying, "My car has a dent but there are other more important things in life about which to worry. I don't need to have a perfect car."
* This summer, I was hit by a deer (in the rear passenger door) and another car (in the rear bumper) and recently had both dents fixed. It is amazing how the body shops can make your car look as though nothing ever happened.

1 comment:

earthie said...

As a driver of a car with many dents... it's the second :)

Among Those Counting

Past Month's Visitors