Thursday, September 30, 2010

100. CLEAR NIGHT SKIES

Leaving mouths ajar with tiny light from afar

* Thanks to my mom for indirectly suggesting this simple miracle. Recently, she wrote, "I just had to double check that number. [Reaching number] 98 is very impressive. # 100 is certain to require a stellar theme!"
* Because of the ambient light, it is hard to see stars when close a city. I went to college close to Cleveland, where we often had this challenge. I would often remark, "How exciting, just to see one star!"
* I envy those, like my sister Missy, who know the different constellations of stars.
* Here's how you can tell the difference between a star and a planet: As they told us at the nearby Uni. of Maryland Observatory, "Stars twinkle. Planets don't."
* What an even greater gift to see a shooting star! "The Heavens declare the glory of God."

No comments:

Among Those Counting

Past Month's Visitors