Wednesday, February 10, 2010

72. PLOW TRUCKS

Pushing the snow to where we would like it to go

* The Washington DC area, as you may have heard, had received extensive snowfall in the past week. Sunday afternoon, I wanted to go visit a friend two miles north and to a Super Bowl party a mile south. But our street was still covered with several inches of ice and snow, making it nearly impossible for me to drive anywhere in my Chevrolet Prizm. Could I really walk that far in a few hours? Then, though, to our complete surprise and delight, what came down our street but a plow - a plow, a plow, a wonderful plow!
* Even more amazing than a plow for a truck are the drivers of the truck. These folks have been working long hours to try to make our streets clear. Would I ever want to be a plow truck driver?

No comments:

Among Those Counting

Past Month's Visitors