Wednesday, February 9, 2011

119. BLANKETS

A body heat conserving feat

* In the summer, a single flannel sheet may be sufficient as bed covers for me. But in the winter, the heavy blanket sewn for me by my old neighbor, Mrs. Bertram, is absolutely essential.
* In July 2008, I made a pilgrimage to Australia to join a half-million other young adults for World Youth Day. In July, it is winter in Australia. Nevertheless, our group was housed initially in a large unheated pavilion. Boy, was it cold! How thankful we were to the local Australians who donated blankets for pilgrims. I think that I used four or five at a time.
* I'm especially thinking of the men and women who live on the streets. In the winter, I hope that they have many blankets too.

No comments:

Among Those Counting

Past Month's Visitors