Wednesday, April 7, 2010

80. SPARE KEYS

When in your car your keys you lock, a spare is much better than taking a walk

* I assert that claiming a spare key is also a better option than breaking one of your car's windows.
* Yesterday, I locked my keys in the car for the first time in three years. Coming out of morning Mass, I checked my left pocket, checked my right pocket - neither had my keys. Instead, I could see the keys laying on the passenger seat in full view - and dutifully, I had not forgotten to lock the doors. However, it took only a quick bus ride, a trip upstairs to retrieve my spare, and a ride from a housemate, and I was on my way in less than a half-hour.
* In addition to having a spare key, it is also important to only lock your keys in your car when you are fairly close to home. For instance, the last time that I made this mishap, my landlady had to drive fifteen miles at 11 PM to bring me my spare key.

No comments:

Among Those Counting

Past Month's Visitors